Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'd Rather Be Caching

Bummer that I can't ! It has been one of those weeks at work where I am getting to work around sunrise and leaving around sunset. I'm not big on caching at night, so that rules out night caching. I'm too worried about getting shot or arrested. Oh well, the weekend will be here soon enough.

I caught an interesting news story today. It is about the Galileo satellite system that is being placed in orbit. It will not replace GPS, but will be an alternate system for GPS users. It is civilian based, therefore, not suceptable to the whims of a government. On the plus side, it apparently will be much more accurate than GPS. Up to 5 times more accurate, apparently. It is supposed to narow down accuracy to 3 feet. If you can't find a cache with that kind of accuracy, you're in trouble ! The bad news is that it will not be available until 2010. Should be interesting to see what GPS producers jump on the bandwagon.

No comments: