Saturday, April 29, 2006

Geocaching Withdrawals...

We had a crazy week at work. Our national auditors were in town Monday through Thursday. Overall, the audit went great. We had no system findings and only six observations. I don't think I can recall a time when we have no system findings. The department I manage had no observations and no findings. My group did an excellent job and I was very proud of them. The only bad thing was that the days were long and I had no chance to even think about caching.

No problem, there is always the weekend ! Well, if it were not pouring down rain, that might be the case. I am not going to complain much, though. We have a serious rainfall deficiet right now and we need every drop. I think we have been under red flag warnings and burn bans since the start of the year.

If the forecast holds, I may be able to do some caching tomorrow. It might be a bit muddy since it has been raining since mid-day yesterday. I'll take it though !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had any caching fun lately? Bet you are getting just as much rain lately as we are here which has definately cut into my caching time...now I am beginning to have caching withdrawals

:-)
Brandon

Unknown said...

No doubt...It has been raining since I got back from St. Louis on Friday so no caching here.

Anonymous said...

The rain has paused for a wee bit now so I am going to try and round up the kids and go search for Million Dollar Bridge that I DNF last week. Seems that it had been moved ~30 feet away and now the cache owner has it back in it's proper location.

Happy caching,
Brandon

Unknown said...

Good luck on your hunt. It is slowing down here as well. If it pauses, I am going to try and get out myself. I just updated my GPS this morning, so I am ready to go !