Sunday, November 27, 2005

Windy Hunt

I got out today to locate some caches and the weather turned bad on me before I could get much accomplished. It kept looking like it was going to rain, but the big problem turned out to be high winds. When I got home and checked the National Weather Service website, it showed the wind at 37 gusting to 55. Had some severe weather in the area and a tornado watch. Weird for late November !

I was able to grab a couple of caches before it got too bad, though. The first was "Hidden Park II". This one required a bit of a walk, but I was rewarded with a nice view of the Arkansas River. The cache was well hidden but after searching a bit, I located it. I took nothing and left nothing, but signed the log.

My next find was "End of the Road #12". This was a nice park and grab cache. I signed the log, took a bouncy ball and left a keychain multi-tool.

I checked a couple of other caches, but there were too many people around to locate the caches. About that time the wind picked up and the dirt started blowing, so I called it a day. I logged 51 miles in one hour and 34 minutes.

No comments: