Monday, May 18, 2009

Zoo Safari

I spent a couple of hours at the Tulsa Zoo yesterday taking photos. I ended up with around 260 photos! I an using a Canon XSi that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I believe I took some of the best photos I have ever taken. Don't get me wrong, I have had 3 DSLRs (Olympus E-330, Nikon D80, and now the XS-i) and they have all taken some wonderful photos. But, I don't ever remember getting output that was this consistently good. I have used digital cameras since the beginning and have always been a Nikon man but I think this Canon is going to change my outlook significantly. I used my 55-250mm EF-S IS lens for the entire day and just captured one great photo after another. I know that some of it is my increasing experience and the studying I have done. Mostly, I think it is my new equipment, though.

I will be posting photos to Flickr and the blog starting tonight so keep your eyes open. I will probably post in sets of 10 to Flickr and follow up with post here. It takes forever to process 260 RAW images!

While you wait, here is something recent I took.

Night Driving

No comments: