Saturday, May 16, 2009

Clouds

We have had rain in Tulsa for twenty two days straight now. The good news is that it has presented a lot of weather photography opportunities! I sold my tripod because it wasn't what I wanted so I ended up trying to take handheld night time lightning photos. That failed miserably. I did get a few interesting photos but no good lightning shots. Here is a night shot of the clouds as a thunderstorm rolled in last night.

Storm

This is cloud to cloud lightning lighting up the clouds.

Cloud to Cloud Lightning

I took this photo looking straight up. I really like how it turned out!

Cumulus Clouds

If you get a chance, check out this new website. Photocrati is a very nice site about photography. To be honest, it is one of the better websites I have seen. They cover a lot of news on DSLRs and software that is of interest to me. Check it out! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos ! One of these days, when I get back to work I want to get a camera. I love taking pic's but I have not had a camera in a long time, except those cheapo throw aways. :D

Unknown said...

Thanks!! I've been in love with photography almost all of my life. It has always been my escape from reality. :)